lots more security

Saturday, September 22, 2007


another picture of Ver as he keeps me company at my desk

My work load grew in leaps and bounds yesterday. Wedding/Romance collection grew from 12 to 17 finished frames and I still have another page of thumbnails out there to be reviewed. I'd say there is a very good chance that I'll make my goal of 22 or very close to it. And they've decided to do two other complete collections with different themes which potentially is another 40+ frames plus there are 3 other projects from this same company simmering on the back burner. All this work will need to be done by mid October ... so I will remain happily tied to my desk for awhile, with Oliver my constant companion. I'm still aiming to submit greeting card designs, 6 of them to Great Arrow by Oct. 02 and three big Call for Concepts from Demdaco deadlines Oct.02 / Oct.16 / Nov.16. A busy fall ... almost makes my head spin, but in a very good way.

I've found a handy man - a really nice capable Jack of all Trades kind of guy who will stop by next week and I'll give him a few of the those house garden projects that need to be done. Now that I can foresee some security arriving to my bank account, I can afford to spend a little $$ on some help. Thank goodness.

So... Saturday again, after our walk at the beach this morning, which will be extended slightly as it is the weekend, pick up the Globe & Mail, and quick trip to the Farmers Market. A little bit of housecleaning and then to my desk where I will spend most of this weekend drawing finished technical drawings and working on greeting card designs. CBC radio and a new Michael Connelly detective novel audio book - The Overlook will both help in making the time fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.