chicago

Tuesday, September 18, 2007


sweet Oli(Ver)

Well my biorythms must be on the climb back up because I am feeling so much better - not so much like a thin fragile piece of glass and that feeling that I need to stay hunkered down here at 29 Black Street and not venture too far out into the big world lest something bad happen - to me or to the sweeties. Believe me we don't, in our daily life, venture too far anyway ... it's an anxiety thing, a hangover emotion from long ago that rears it's annoying self every now & then and thankfully by learning to think differently (not allowing those thoughts to become settled in) it's not nearly as bad as it used to be.

This morning I received an email reply from a big fish gift ware company Enesco (I have been sending various portfolio samples and promo/bio/resume PDFs for the past month) saying that they would like to work with me on a freelance project and she's wondering when it might be convenient for me to drop by the office and meet with the other designers and the VP of Product Development. Their office is in Chicago (mind you a city that I've always wanted to go to, the birthplace of modern architecture and all and I do LOVE a big city) I'm just not in any shape (financially or emotionally and I have too many current projects on the go) to be whisking off to the windy city at this moment, however I guess I must prepare myself for the future possibility. Dogs in the kennel :-( , someone to feed les chats, and dealing with the anxiety that clings to me anytime I travel, clinging just until I'm buckled into my seat on the airplane - and then the excitement of new things, new places and new opportunities always takes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.