ice & cold

Monday, March 24, 2008


the view at the edge of the back shore from the bottom of the grassy lane


the view from atop the bayberry and wild rose pasture

These photos were taken yesterday. It's still very wintry here. Cold, windy and lots of ice in the harbour. Down filled parkas and layers of soft fleece keep us warm as we happily trudge through the frozen pastures and along the shore. Yesterday afternoon we had another long afternoon walk, this time in bright sunshine and sheltered by tall spruce trees at the golf course. And because today's still a holiday for some Winnie and I will repeat these lovely two long walks with our friends Deb and Maggy Sue (golden retriever).

Although my heart still aches for my big red dog Jake. I am so grateful that I was fortunate to have shared over 12 years with his incredible canine spirit. He is, and was, truly the best friend a girl could ask for. I love you Noodle dog and I miss you terribly.

2 comments:

  1. Morning! Im up, and on the computer, late enough to read your post and be the first to comment!

    Just caught up on your last post too. Im counting the days and wondering, will it have got there yet? No, not yet! Its only been ten days. LOL.

    Looks pretty cold there to say the least. I've never seen a frozen ocean. Or lake even.

    Ive taken heaps of photos in the last few days and want to post them to my blog, but now I must go to bed. Blog, tomorrow arvo. (afternoon; incase you dont say that, im not sure if thats just an antipodean word). bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burr...I actually like the cold...people think I'm nuts, but I do. It's easier to deal with than heat. We lost our yellow lab Ralphy this year and I miss him SO much!! My husband travels a lot and it's sad coming home to an empty house. I love your doggy pix.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.