lemon love

Saturday, April 19, 2008


lemons

I love lemons and lemon things like some people love chocolate and chocolate things - I prefer lemon (I like chocolate too but lemon would come first in a contest). I came across this recipe for Blueberry Lemon Yogurt Loaf at Smitten Kitchen and whipped one up Thursday afternoon ... my goof off, do whatever you feel like afternoon. It turned out beautifully and would also be great with no lemon at all, just more vanilla, a dense moist loaf to serve thick slices of with fresh strawberries and whipped cream ... sigh, strawberry season another month or so away.


la loaf

Two changes that I made to the recipe. I didn't have vegetable oil so I used melted butter and I only had 1 cup of blueberries (frozen) left over from last years blueberry season. I live smack in the middle of blueberry land and sometimes known as the official Blueberry Capital of the World. So putting up blueberries (freezer bags full, jam, preserves or canning) is just something you do every year around here.

Painting & taxes my only two projects for the weekend. Must get myself in a big ol' groove and attempt to stay there. Smile & sigh.

Don't you love when the sky moves fast enough that you can see it moving. As I look out my big window this morning there's a giant bank of dark grey clouds gradually but visibly overtaking what was a clear blue new morning sky. The birds are all singing madly and I think we're in for more rain.

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious and moist! I love lemon, too. I'm going to click on the recipe right now...thanks! The birds were chirping madly here this morning. The chickadees were not happy that we had invaded their space. Keep us posted on your painting project. (take before and after pix!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a cold front blew through yesterday...we now have another 7 inches of fresh white stuff. Greg is muttering about moving somewhere...anywhere ..... then I called my sister in B.C... and she had the same thing....so he is a bit more chipper.
    Today I am making lemon chicken for supper..... mmmmmm....Ilove lemons too....

    have a great day.....

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.