fill your heart with smoke

Monday, June 28, 2010




street side at 29 Black early this past Saturday morning

How to fight loneliness
Smile all the time
Shine you teeth til meaningless
Sharpen them with lies

And whatevers going down
Will follow you around
That's how you fight loneliness
You laugh at every joke
Drag your blanket blindly
Fill your heart with smoke
And the first thing that you want
Will be the last thing you ever need
Thats how you fight it

Just smile all the time

Wilco

oh my what a beautiful voice, and beautiful song how these lyrics speak to me - it's from the soundtrack of Girl Interrupted a recent evening movie presentation here at Black Street. Last night we watched Iris, also excellent and so very sad. It reminded me so much of Jake ... which may sound strange, losing him has been my only experience of watching helpless, as someone I loved so completely & someone I needed so desperately... slipped slowly away from me.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Susan. To watch Iris would be bit difficult for me at the moment. I'm glad I saw the film when it was first released and my parents were coping better.I had no idea then what was ahead. Dementia seemed like something in other people's families. Judy Dench was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful song to go along with stunning photos. You have always had great taste in music.

    Much love to you and the furry gang. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, amazing song indeed and even more amazing photos. I LOVE these. you should put these one s in your etsy.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.