magnificent pinks

Tuesday, July 20, 2010








magnificent pinks and the world's most handsome tabby mix - Oliver

I can never seem to remember what this beautiful flowering shrub is called. Perhaps Rachel if she's reading this will identify for us in the comments as she did this time last season when I photographed these amazing tiny blossoms. Tight pink balls turn magically into little space daisies with their long waving antennae. I have the deep magenta pink in our garden and the paler, cotton candy pink are blooms Missy D and I pass on our early morning stroll around this little village. Speaking of which ... the sun is just beginning to peak over the horizon, Winnie's waiting patiently for me down in the kitchen and it's time for us to hit the streets.

I'm feeling amazingly creative this early morning. Filled with vim & vigour. Hooray. Please wait with bated breath for the evening report. Wink.

10 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful flowers...and, of course, sweet Oliver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Mary D ! that Oliver he is a very handsome ham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting. Most likely with bait breath. Which I'm sure the cats would enjoy. (See, I found a reason to compliment the cats - they don't mind morning breath, of course with as much ass cleaning as they do they shouldn't)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are magical shots. have a lovely day :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. My children would go CRAAAAAAAAZYYYYYY for those pink flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I visit your blog, your incredible photos refresh and enthuse me and I return to my own photography just that little more inspired to try harder. Thanks so much for all that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks like a little silver bead at the end of every darn antenna.... amazing photos.... still love my forget-me-knots photos.... they are the best! And... many of your fleurs should definitely be in some publication..any publication!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.