la la land

Wednesday, October 20, 2010


tweak, tweak, tweak ... available Monday Oct 25 - 2ft x 3ft - $10. USD + shipping




another 2ft x 3ft black & white poster (top) avec hand stamped red heart and bone

And the colour version that I'll sell smaller poster prints of - dans le etsy shop very soon.

Pat, pat, pat ... that's me patting me.

I am patting myself on the back because I've been working like the dickens, all day long, every day, nose happily to the teak top desk and I've even been burning the 10pm oil (says the gal who's coffee is timed to sputter and gurgle religiously at 5am). In fact, I can barely remember a time when I've been so completely into what it is that I do. You see I'm madly getting ready for two months of Poppytalk Homemade. Every thing needs to be uploaded and ready by Sunday !! Yikes.

Meanwhile, while I'm busy at the TTD Mr. There's Nothing He Can't Do and his apprentice Handy Cat are building and nailing and fixing and securing or he's outside chopping, pruning, and/or clearing. Sigh. I break around 4:30 to go for a lovely long walk, loads of big stretches and deep breaths, with my sweet girl Dee and then I make sure that the Prince of mine has a delicious dinner. Last night's menu - chili/brown sugar salmon fillets, steamed broccoli and roasted garlic potatoes. Tonight it will be vegetarian chili tacos with all the fixins (avocado, yogurt, hot sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, sweet onions). Don't I love it when I've got Wednesday's dinner figured out on Tuesday. While we're enjoying our dinner we look through the latest stack of movies that I've procured this week from our library - apres dinner he and Oliver watch a movie while I go back upstairs to les office.

to happily hang out in my la la land.

Hey ! Merci for all the voting and feedback. Love it !

thanks J. for the reminder of this song. A huge hit at a time I was in Paris - la most perfect city

3 comments:

  1. I do love this song. Teh video of the cut out waves totally makes me think of Tears For Fears' "closest thing to Heaven" --in fact i think they may have used the exact same set?

    so, how did you colour the other version as I think you do everything by hand, right? Anyway, i really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO SO loving these pieces, Miss Susan. Oh yeah! Enjoyed the video....as I usually do enjoy the music you share here.

    Much love to you and the furry gang! xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.