zooming

Monday, June 20, 2011


goodness - you'd think a really happy person painted this, shit Sherlock looks like the jigs up ;-)

thinking is so very overrated ... (big sigh)

Susan Black

paralytic - or a tale of extreme stage fright & self doubt* ... last week's never ending story

I've begun my summer session of Get Your Paint On and once again the first assignment was to be inspired by the quilts of Gee's Bend. I took this inspiration pretty loosely with the use of a gridded block drawing underneath my only real shout out to those amazing quilts - that and an acceptance of crooked, wavy lines & an over all lack of intended perfection. Now these are just studies, practice, playing - I still do feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, what look or style I'm going for, what am I trying accomplish ?? No goals, no objectives - freedom. Ahhhhh feels good !

only as high as I can reach can I grow,
only as far as I seek can I go,
only as deep as I look can I see,
only as much as I dream can I be

Karen Ravn

Shut ! Up ! Karen !

I feel like I'm going so fast at the moment & though I'm stumbling & tumbling along at every turn, the important thing that I try to remind myself of daily (hourly, momently) is ... I do always get back up on my feet eventually & off I go again - zooming all the way. Have a little faith.

* I'm out of time this morning so my tale of stage fright will have to wait for another day





8 x 10 masonite mixed media - dream, love, beautiful - Susan Black

2 comments:

  1. Oh beautiful. Love it. So much!!!!

    Thinking is so overrated - need that one tattooed to the inside of my eyelids...

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.