truth + confidence

Tuesday, June 14, 2011


detail of lost - 12x15 collage drawing now available as a 10x12 giclee print - Susan Black

Confidence is preparation.
Everything else is beyond your control.

Richard Kline

I'm a bit in awe of my feelings of (creative) confidence these days. I guess it's like anything in life when something is right .. it will feel right. In fact it feels fantastic & true. It feels comfortable & easy, like Chickory mentioned in a comment awhile back "no more holding my breath while I work" no more feelings of failing while trying, always, so very hard. Ease instead of work. For the first time in a very long time it feels like I'm embracing the evolution of it all, not forcing it, not needing or craving some sort of immediate perfection ... in my creative life that is.

It's the opposite in my other, day to day, life for fear still struts around the streets of that life far too much of the time, but hey ! that's another chapter ... for my morning pages perhaps.

truth + confidence
it's a good beginning

5 comments:

  1. I like the pieces of text in your collage. I also always like cursive writing used in collage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you pass out when you hold your breath for that long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the best news ever. thrilled, THRILLED for you. and the work is good.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.