d & p

Wednesday, February 27, 2013










































more scenes from my walks around this wintry village by the sea with my best friend Winnie Dixon

When I dare to be powerful,
to use my strength in the service of my vision,
then it becomes less and less important 
whether I am afraid.
Audre Lorde

I love this quote ...

February has been a difficult month. February has seemed the very opposite of "ease" - my one little word for 2013. Opposite feelings like tension, discomfort, worry, anxiety & fear have ruled the day - most days. Some days have been diamonds but more days have been  ... well, not diamonds & I'm always on the look out for those diamond days. Hey February ! ya know I've had way too many days when I let my fear (of practically everything) take over my life. I have, much of the time, the kind of low grade constant fear & panic that makes me not want to leave my bubble home (29 Black Street) ... ever. If I drive to the grocery store, Dread's driving shot gun with me, if I walk to the post office Panic's shadowing me the whole way there and back. But ... If I stop to ask myself Yo* Susan, what's up with the Dread & Panic. If I can remember to do the ol' worst case scenario Q&A you know asking myself what's the worst thing that might happen ? & how would you deal with it ? how would it make you feel ? I almost always instantly feel relieved ... because when the crunch is on, when the tough get going - no matter what might happen to me or around me - I know I am brave, I am courageous & I am strong. I'll get through most anything.
I'm not sure why I can't remember those things ? I'm not sure why I let myself continually get so stuck in the muck of D & P.

Funny thing though, the only time I'm out n' about and D & P never seem to bother me is when I'm out walking with my girl Winnie Dixon, interesting ... she's taking up my thoughts and just maybe ... they're afraid of dogs ;-)

** I've been watching too much Breaking Bad - it's soooooo good !

How about a little raucous & wonderful Mumford & Sons for these last days of February ?!

6 comments:

  1. Love Miss Winnie's shadow in the shot of the two of you. It looks like she's an Afghan ... most exotic looking. Not that she isn't beautiful in her own right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I hope that D & P just get the hell out of your life! (breathe) I share the anxiety right now. I love the AL quote. I need to post it on my computer.

    Sending you positive vibes and the knowledge that you are a fantastically creative and strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Audre Lorde quote, and I love that idea that despair and panic are afraid of dogs. I really think that is true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images dear Susan, how wonderful to have a friend like Winnie.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a loon out on the water? I love the call of the loon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Cynthia ! (Sybil, Amy, Dianne & Judy) long time no see Cynthia - I'm off now to check out your blog.

    Judy they aren't Loons though we do have them here I think they are a migrating bird. We have a variety of ducks that overwinter in our harbour I'm not sure exactly what ducks these are ?

    best bird site
    http://www.allaboutbirds.org/Page.aspx?pid=1189

    loon facts
    http://museum.gov.ns.ca/mnh/nature/nsbirds/bns0003.htm

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.