my third cup of coffee

Monday, February 25, 2013





































long shadows, blue blue sky, sweet Miss Dixon, a down filled coat, snow boots, fleece headband & mitts - our morning walk

March came in that winter like the meekest and mildest of lambs, bringing days that were crisp and golden and tingling, each followed by a frosty pink twilight which gradually lost itself in an elfland of moonshine.
Lucy Maude Montgomery

I absolutely love my early morning walk with Winnie - even when it's crisp & cold, even when the weather is a little nasty. I've learned (the hard way) you have to dress for winter and if you're dressed for the conditions a walk on a winter's morning with your very best friend & a camera in tow can be the most beautiful thing. Like medicine ... tonic for the early morning soul.

I always think of our walk as my third cup of coffee ... there's nothing like the crispness of winter air, the chill on my rosy cheeks and the scrunch underfoot as Winnie and do our morning route along the harbour to really wake me up. My first 2 cups of java as you know, I have while still tucked snug in bed, in my nest of down & flannel, while I plan my day and I write my morning pages in my journal - a cgerished daily ritual.

A gorgeous song heard on fav CBC1 radio show Q - Searching for Sugarman won last night's oscar for best documentary.

4 comments:

  1. March, can't wait for it.

    Susan, can I ask why you don't put the captions under your photos rather than as a group at the end ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sybil ! great question.

    The reason I put my captions as a group at the end of my photos is simply I like how it looks that way, it's purely a design choice - it's the graphic designer in me. Though my images often don't really need captions ... maybe it's all these years of being a magazine addict - they used to call it a "cutline" I think - some descriptive copy which refers to the images and sometimes I'm sure enquiring minds "do" care to know the what, where or who of my photos. xos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shades of blue and that sunshine is so lovely, glad Winnie is enjoying the snow.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of our walk as my third cup of coffee... LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.