oh my sweetener !

Saturday, February 16, 2013





































another handful of portraits of my 14 year old best friend Winnie Dixon, sweetener of my heart, from out n' about on our walks

One of the greatest gifts we receive from dogs is the tenderness they evoke in us. The disappointments of life, the injustices, the battering events that are beyond our control, and the betrayals we endure, from those we befriended and loved, can make us cynical and turn our hearts into flint – on which only the matches of anger and bitterness can be struck into flame. By their delight in being with us, the reliable sunniness of their disposition, the joy they bring to playtime, the curiosity with which they embrace each new experience, dogs can melt cynicism,and sweeten the bitter heart.  
Deanne Koontz

Phew ! or perhaps more correctly I guess it's ... Whew ! (been spelling it wrong all these years not that that's a surprise oh master speller that I am - not).

it's been a busy go-go-go week here at the teak topped desk. In 30 minutes Sam, Miss D & I have a walking date with our friends Deb (human) and Bella (dog). I'll be catching up with my Flora Bowley - Bloom True painting class this afternoon and will post photo's of my recent wild & intuitive painting progress tomorrow I hope. Happy Weekend to all !

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you've learnt. I do love all those photos of Winnie this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waddayamean it's not "phew" ? I've been spelling it like that my whole, gosh, darn life. Too late to change now.

    Miss Winnie is 14 ?! Wowsa. I just love her face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos of Winnie, image 1 and 3 show how adorable she is, her expression is so beautiful.
    xoxoxo ♡

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.